Renewed.

Christmas time is over, J-term has been exhausted, and over the Martin Luther King break I found myself feeling refreshed for the first time since... before tennis season. It's been a long time that I've felt ground under all the things that I've had to do. Coaching, teaching and pastoring will do that to you.

But something else important started this weekend: The Australian Open.

And with that, my passion for tennis came back. I watched one match, Jelena Dokic vs. Alisa Kleybanova. I didn't care about either player. Gideon decided we were rooting for the girl wearing black (Kleybanova). And I started thinking like a tennis coach again.

All of a sudden, I missed my team. I missed the players who are preparing for next season, with 6 of you taking lessons last semester and I didn't feel like I was too involved. I missed my players who are graduating, Austin, Mikey, Misha, Nick, Claude and Jake, fearing that I won't have contact with them again. I missed players past graduated, who have kept up with the program through the site, and I kept up with them from here. And I missed tennis.

There's nothing more beautiful than a putaway volley, an ace up the middle, a powerful forehand passing shot. I miss it.

So I'm back to posting on the site. And I crave your comments. This site is so that I get to stay up on what's happening with all of my team, past, present and even future. So comment, about anything, even if it doesn't have to do with whatever I post.

And thanks, I realize how much I enjoy coaching you again.