Friday Tourney Talk

Above is the Sectional history, and I'd say it is pretty interesting. I don't know when the current Sectional was put together, but it must have been around 1991. For quite awhile, Goshen dominated things. But after 2000, it has been very balanced.

In this decade, Fairfield has four titles, NorthWood three, then Goshen, Jimtown and us with one. I love the balance there. Everybody has won in the past 10 years. That is a very rare thing in Sectionals throughout the state, and I think it makes it more fun. I mean, Homestead has won 31 straight Sectional championships, so you can imagine how fun and rewarding it will be to win one more.

This year's Sectional should retain that balance, that competitiveness. Goshen, Fairfield, ourselves and NorthWood bring back significant pieces from last year's teams. That means players with Sectional experience. That should mean a competitive atmosphere for each tourney matchup. Even Jimtown, who loses quite a few pieces, has JV players who saw large amounts of varsity playing time.

I'd love to see another decade begin with a Bethany Christian championship. But I really hope that the level of competition stays equal. That's what makes it fun, and that is what should push us on.

I hope that it is already pushing some of you to put in the work. Because sweet is the reward!